Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Superquick Portugese Liver



Finally Britain got some good snow last weekend. People went crazy with happiness and for a couple of days all we saw on Facebook were updates from everybody in the form of photos, status updates etc about how everyone was enjoying and loving the snow. We had a super fun day, or rather a super fun night too. We had guests over and we're all having a nice time drinking and enjoying the lovely glistening whiteness outside.

Little T was too excited to go to sleep. So her dad took her outside for a little promo of what she'd get the next morning. The promise of a Snowman was good enough to satisfy the little one and put her to sleep instantly. And the promise of a clean shoveled driveway was good enough to cook this Portugese style Liver for DH. He should've been a politician I tell you! Anyway I made this liver for the first time. I was in no mood to look up for recipes or stand there for ages and make a difficult one. I just kept on adding stuff from the fridge and at the end got this dry spicy curry like thing which was yummy. I'm calling it Portugese as I used the Nando's Peri-Peri sauce and hell Nando's is Portugese isn't it? :)

I didn't get the chance of getting it out or style it and take some decent pictures. So you will just have to trust my words when I say this was awesome. 



Portugese style Liver Curry 

Ingredients : 

Fattened Duck or Chicken Liver (aka Foie Gras) - 250 gm , diced (You can use normal livers too)
Onion - 1, minced
Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
Butter - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
Nando's Hot Peri-Peri Sauce - 3-4 tbsp (more if you want it hotter)


Method : 

Heat a griddle or a small-ish pan. Melt the butter in it and add the minced garlic. Add the liver pieces and fry it in the butter. With a spoon keep on frying the livers by pouring the hot butter from top(kind of recycling the hot butter in the pan). 

When the liver pieces are just about cooked add the onions and mix well. Add salt and sauce and keep on high flame for a couple of minutes.

**Be careful when cooking liver as over cooking it will make it chewy and inedible.











I love snow. It makes me happy to see all the purity surrounding us. The blinding brightness of the untouched virgin snow followed by happy laughter and an array of snowmen gives me such a serene pleasure, it's almost divine. What a perfect way to commence Charles Dickens' anniversary week! My cat would beg to differ though. I'm sure she wasn't too pleased about snow touching her tummy when she tried to catwalk across it!

Here's a link to my sister-in-law's article this week. Bonne lecture! :)

http://epaper.thehimalayantimes.com/PUBLICATIONS/THT/THT/2012/02/07/ArticleHtmls/Dickens-and-Children-of-Lesser-Gods-07022012017025.shtml?Mode=undefined

1 comment:

My Kitchen Antics said...

thanks a bunch for all those tips..and that really does make sense...loved the garam masala idea. the goat meat i bought was halal but a friend tells me you have to buy baby lamb and not goat meat for it to not have any smell at all. Do you buy lamb or goat at halal stores?