Finally I got the much deserved holiday in one of the best places in the UK, Dalton Forest in Lake District. Everything about this holiday was perfect. The destination, the drive, the company, the food and the cottage we stayed in! The Cottage was a self serviced luxury cottage and the owners were very friendly and helpful. The place was quiet with only stretches of green fields at the back and forest and hills in the front! It was quiet that we could hear crickets and frogs all night. It was an out of this world experience! :)
- I wandered lonely as a cloud
- That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
- When all at once I saw a crowd,
- A host, of golden daffodils;
- Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
- Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
- Continuous as the stars that shine
- And twinkle on the milky way,
- They stretched in never-ending line
- Along the margin of a bay:
- Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
- Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
- The waves beside them danced; but they
- Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
- A poet could not but be gay,
- In such a jocund company:
- I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
- What wealth the show to me had brought:
- For oft, when on my couch I lie
- In vacant or in pensive mood,
- They flash upon that inward eye
- Which is the bliss of solitude;
- And then my heart with pleasure fills,
- And dances with the daffodils.
- - William Wordsworth
- Inside Wordsworth House, Cockermouth
- We were a bit worried about Little T's reaction to such a grown up vacation but she loved every bit of it. Being a super friendly child, she was just happy to go out with our friends. We did a little detour after the Wordsworth House to see an Ostrich Farm nearby and she absolutely loved it!
It rained cats and dogs through out our holiday but I didn't mind as the place looked gorgeous in the rains. The green stood out and it gave a natural HDR-ish rustic look. Our next stop was Ambleside Falls which was again on top of a hill inside a forest and the view was breathtaking! We followed the trail through the jungle to the top and then climbed down a dirt path.
The walk to the falls
Tried my hand at HDR editing for the first time :). I am quite happy with the results :).
We ended our trip with a ferry ride at the Ulswater Lake. Little T created lots of tension after getting into a small accident and ending up with a dislocated elbow. So had to include the Penrith Hospital's A&E in the itinerary as well. Luckily there wasn't much rush and she was attended to quite fast. She enjoyed all the pampering by 5 nurses and the wonderful doctor, you can tell! They spoilt her with a PINK(!!!) teddy bear called Millie and candies. Later on she kept on asking me if she can go back to the hospital again as she has got an ''Ouch'' on her hand! :)
For more photos of the gorgeous Lake District click here.